Tuesday 8 February 2011

Back on Track


Finally, after what seems like months, I have been able to get back to creating for my Etsy shop and upcoming craft fairs. I think I ran out of steam after the rush of Christmas orders! It has been really nice to start putting some of my ideas into action. We have a  craft fair coming up at the end of March and I always seem to be able to work better when I have a specific date to work to - probably a left over habit from my days of working on a huge sales target quarter to quarter (something I don't overly miss!!)


This is something I have been working on over the last few days. It's an idea I have had floating around my head for some time now and I think it is very Bella Bobbin. I thought I would try it out first as an appliqué hoop for hanging but might develop the design into other things, a cushion, a journal cover - ideas welcome!!

It's all hand-stitched 

I have used Cotton and Felt

 The bunting rope is pink bakers twine - it's my new favourite thing!

I am going to list this in our Bella Bobbin shop - hopefully to be followed by lots of other things I am working on!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love your hoop, the bunting is lovely!

Bella Bobbin said...

Thanks Annie - I do have a "slight" affection for bunting!!

oodalollies said...

Oh so lovely! How long did this particular project take you, start to finish? I've never tried my hand at "the hoop" but I'd love to try it.

P.S. - just favorite-d your Etsy shop! (:

-Robin

Anonymous said...

Hello, thank you for joining my blog and entering my giveaway. Good luck :o) Hannah xx

Bella Bobbin said...

I think it probably took me about 4 hours in total, spread out over two days. I attached the felt with some of that iron on bonding stuff before stitching, so that took some time cutting and pressing. I love hoop work, it's very calming!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com