Monday 11 April 2011

Project Playhouse

Last year we bought the little Bobbins a playhouse for the back garden. I spent literally weeks shopping around, trying to get the perfect one for our budget and to suit the girls. I would have loved to have gone for a two storey mansion but safety (I didn't want to have to supervise them constantly) and Mr Bobbin putting his foot down put paid to that! 

When it eventually arrived Mr Bobbin spent hours digging up the grass and soil and laying a patio for it to sit on and then a good few more hours putting it together and this was the finished article:






The idea was to paint it, I spent hour upon hour deciding upon the colours and we went out and bought the paint. And then, well then nothing! we didn't get round to painting it at all last year.


So this weekend we finally got our act in gear and got those paintbrushes out:







And here it is! 



I wanted it to look a little bit like a beach hut, which I think it does! I have a few bits of painting to tidy up and some curtains and bunting to make. 


I have almost convinced Mr Bobbin that we need little white picket fencing around it (we have lots of the white paint left over and he's a waste not want not kind of guy!) I also need to get to the garden centre and get some pretty flowers for it. Then it's on to the interior! Not sure what I can do with such a small space but I will certainly have a go!!

9 comments:

cupcakejojo said...

That is just delightful! Really really lovely & I think a white picket fence is a MUST addition!!!! Love it :)

Jo x

Unknown said...

It's beautiful, lucky children!

dottycookie said...

It's the same colour scheme as ours! I wanted picket fencing too but never got round to it. In fact I would cheerfully kick the kids out of it and turn it into my own tiny studio ...

What I Created Next said...

That looks absolutely fab. Very sweet indeed.

Julie said...

How precious! I want a little hideaway like that. :)

Adrian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrian said...

Hi this looks so cute! I was wondering if you recall where you purchased that playhouse from? I know this is from 5 years ago but figured I would take a chance and see. Thanks!!

Adrian said...

Hi this looks so cute! I was wondering if you recall where you purchased that playhouse from? I know this is from 5 years ago but figured I would take a chance and see. Thanks!!

Adrian said...

Hi this looks so cute! I was wondering if you recall where you purchased that playhouse from? I know this is from 5 years ago but figured I would take a chance and see. Thanks!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com